Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packet

Article about: Good evening everyone, I got my first Third Reich EK2 today, it looks genuine to me but I just wanted to check it is original. It has no makers mark, is magnetic and I'm pretty sure is made

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packet

Good evening everyone,

I got my first Third Reich EK2 today, it looks genuine to me but I just wanted to check it is original. It has no makers mark, is magnetic and I'm pretty sure is made from three pieces.

It came with a packet from the maker Friedrich Orth.

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packetEisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packetEisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packet

Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packetEisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packetEisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packetEisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packet

Thanks in Advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse, with packet
    P
    Many

That iron cross is original.

Best regards,
    Franko

Paper bag looks good to me too, although I am not absolutely sure about that, but it should be genuine as well and it maybe belongs to that EK2, because maker of that EK2 could easily be Friedrich Orth, it has frame and core very similar to my example of Orths EK2.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

I like it, nice EK2, be careful it won't be your last. They have a habit of growing on you.
    Wilko

Looks like an original set, but he cross does not seems to be Orth made.

/Jonas

Thanks for taking a look everyone, and also for confirming its originality Franko.

Quote by Wilko View Post
    I like it, nice EK2, be careful it won't be your last. They have a habit of growing on you.
    I'm sure you're right Wilko, hopefully there'll be many more to come!

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    but he cross does not seems to be Orth made.
    I thought that could be the case Jonas; I don't suppose you have any idea who the maker could be if it's not Orth?

It is not made by Orth definitively, I mixed up some of mine crosses. My best quess would be maker 25 Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur, Gold und Silberschemiedeinnunge; Hanau. But I am far from sure regarding that.

Best regards,
    Franko

SergeantStubby,

I too, cannot confirm the manufacturer of your cross. However, it is an original and congrats on another nice find.

Joel

Thanks Joel!

Don't worry, I'm sure I'm much worse at identifying its maker than you.

Thanks very much for your help Franko!

I've been trying to identify it using this: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Iron Cross 2nd Class - X-DNA, but I'm not getting far as I don't really know what I'm looking for.

I'd definitely agree that it doesn't really match their Orth example though, as the '1813' on mine looks too high. Your suggestion does look like it could be a better match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast