Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz II Fakes

Article about: I'm a gun collector that over the years ended up with a few helmets, swords, flags, photo albums and a few other items that I use mostly as props for photos. With that said I never collected

Default Eisernes Kreuz II Fakes

I'm a gun collector that over the years ended up with a few helmets, swords, flags, photo albums and a few other items that I use mostly as props for photos. With that said I never collected enough of some things to be able to spot the fakes from the real ones but picked up some EK 1s and EK2s over the years to use with photos. I recently discovered one EK 2 I had was a fake. Now I purchased it many many years ago so returning it or complaining about it would do me no good. To make sure it didn't get passed on to anyone else I decided to have some fun with it. You don't have to worry about this fake finding it's way back into the market again.

https://p35.us/video/Fake1.mp4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz II Fakes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz II Fakes
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Now it's going to be sold as a Battle damaged EK for 20x's the price
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Now it's going to be sold as a Battle damaged EK for 20x's the price

Now that's funny.

?

What calibre?
    Which bullet?
    How many times did you miss?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    What calibre?
    Which bullet?
    How many times did you miss?
    It was just a .22 shot with an RPR with a Leupold 6.5-20x50mm scope. One shot is all it takes with that rifle. It was only 50 yards and the rifle is a tack driver. I am an avid shooter and shoot every other day since I retired. I shoot playing cards for the fun of it. Here is a pretty average 5 shot group out of this rifle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz II Fakes  

When I filmed this I did so in small size but high frame rate so I could slow it down at the point of impact. So I used a GOPRO and shot it at 720x480 @240fps. When I go back and look at each frame I caught one very interesting photo. You can see the vapor trail of the bullet in the center as a spiral, then you can see as the bullet fragmented into pieces and the pieces spiraling off the cross. The bullet is moving at 1080 feet per second.

Eisernes Kreuz II Fakes

So much for a few vet stories about being saved by an Iron Cross or other medal, after a direct hit in the chest...
    Probably the cross can be scraped out of the enterance wound!
    A skilled sniper can even use the cross as an excellent aming point, I think...

What reminds me of the time we used to shoot holes through euro coins at the shooting range. It was some kind of code of honor for our group of shooting friends to have a tunneled coin in your pocket. And the coin had to be hit at 50 meters. Absolutely no problem for an AR-15 with regular .223 ammo. I think I had a lot more trouble putting it perfectly in the middle. Of course a nice hole almost in the middle was the norm, some rim damage was not good enough. Being bored at a shooting range often results in great experiences! Just shooting cardboard targets was never enough!

Martin