Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Article about: Hello ! The latest piece, Paul Meybauer L/13 Condition is poor, but very hard to find with this maker mark. enni.

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Hello !
    The latest piece, Paul Meybauer L/13
    Condition is poor, but very hard to find with this maker mark.
    enni.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  

Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse
    P
    Many

?

No problems with that one Enni, the makers mark is a bit worn!

Here's mine, not the best example and with numerous die flaws but original nonetheless:

(The photos aren't that good either.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse   Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  

Attached Images Attached Images Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Out of curiosity, do you guys have a preference for TR EKs? If so, why?

Nice one!

the Iron Cross is a nice medal.

?

Quote by JamesWatson View Post
    Do you mean over and above Imperial or 1957 versions?

If so I guess I prefer the TR version because it has (in my opinion) and more visual impact and probably because everyone can associate the EK with the TR regime.
    For example, if when I talk about my collection with colleagues for example, they are more interested in the TR awards than the Imperial medals, they can put an award to a historical event.

If I say I have an 1870 piece for the Franko-Prussian war, they don't associate with it because they don't know anything about that war and have no idea what in Imperial EK is.

I still collect Imperials and admire and appreciate their shape and form but the TR version is what I have most of.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Do you mean over and above Imperial or 1957 versions?

If so I guess I prefer the TR version because it has (in my opinion) and more visual impact and probably because everyone can associate the EK with the TR regime.
    For example, if when I talk about my collection with colleagues for example, they are more interested in the TR awards than the Imperial medals, they can put an award to a historical event.

If I say I have an 1870 piece for the Franko-Prussian war, they don't associate with it because they don't know anything about that war and have no idea what in Imperial EK is.

I still collect Imperials and admire and appreciate their shape and form but the TR version is what I have most of.
    I see. World War 2 is definitely a more commonly generative topic that WW1. I was a TR ek2er for awhile but have converted to imperial EKs. My reasons are: I can hunt them more easily on ebay, I can display them on a wall without people thinking I'm a skinhead (not that they would be necessarily justified in thinking such), and I'm finding a lot of variation in the ones I've seen and own- perhaps more so than in TR Ek2s. It doesn't hurt that they're also cheaper, too.

?

Quote by JamesWatson View Post
    Personally, I must admit how good the TR crosses look, especially the second class because the red color on the ribbon gives them more distinctive look then the imperial ones have. I also appreciate the fine art of being able to distinguish different makers based only on the slightest details. (I wonder how you guys do it. )

However, I feel attracted to WW1 items instead because the Great War, "the great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century" in the words of G. F. Kennan, deeply fascinates me. It is difficult even to imagine how terrible the experience of trench war was, so I chose to collect anything related to soldiers fighting in the WW1 as a reminder of what the mankind was once capable of.