Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction

Article about: Here is another recent pickup, and a highlight for me as it's a Schickle cross I've been looking for. With a good amount of paint finish left, this one piece cross has great character and a

Default Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction

Here is another recent pickup, and a highlight for me as it's a Schickle cross I've been looking for.

With a good amount of paint finish left, this one piece cross has great character and a lovely design, that's my opinion so it must be true!

Cheers

Jamie

Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction
    P
    Many

?

Nice piece Jamie. You don't see so many of these.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice Schickle Schinkel! Congrats with a true highlight for the collection.
    One of those crosses you will show sometimes and there will always be someone stating: That cannot be original because...
    At least that always happens to me.

What are your thoughts about the material? Some pot metal / Buntmetall or zinc?

Greetings,
    Martin

Hi Martin and thanks.

As for the metal I've not had a real chance to study it as yet, I usually leave these things until it's bad weather or winter. So here in Scotland that won't be far away lol.

Once I've done some digging and got some help, I'll come back with answers hopefully.

Cheers

Jamie

For comparison: my Otto Schickle.

Mine lost some more lacquer to the core and the Silber.
    Overall condition is about the same, I think, but yours is the winner!
    My ring seems thinner? Or is that your better photo skills?

A 'do not touch too often cross', for sure.
    These are not known for their durable paint...

I fear the 1. Klasse will be even harder to find. But I can't stop dreaming!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction   Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction  

Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction   Eisernes Kreuz, II Klasse, Schinkelform, Otto Schickle, one piece construction