Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello, here is a second class unmarked iron cross with a little sign on the ring where it was connected. It looks a little wider than normal crosses and has some extra paint or some dirt aro

Default Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?

Hello, here is a second class unmarked iron cross with a little sign on the ring where it was connected.
    It looks a little wider than normal crosses and has some extra paint or some dirt around the 1813 date.
    The cross has a magnetic core and the very edge of the frames (where the core probably ends) seems to not stick to the magnet.
    The cross pieces do not hit each other when I shake them, makes me think it's either glued or really dirty between the core and the frame
    Can anyone please identify it?
    I know there are some really accurate replicas out there, Is this from the war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?   Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?  

Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?   Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eiserneskreuz 2.Klasse Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

It's an original EK2. It looks like a Fritz Zimmermann - 6.

However the pics aren't the best and I only have my phone currently so could be wrong. Hopefully someone will confirm or correct.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you very much, I was doubting it especially because of the unmarked ring

This is a Fritz Zimmermann PKZ 6 with a late core and thick frame.
    Robert

Thank you very much

?

Quote by RandomCollector4114 View Post
    Thank you very much, I was doubting it especially because of the unmarked ring
    Not all EK2s are marked, in fact the majority aren't so you can't use that as a way of determining if a particular EK is genuine or not. On the flip side, many fakes are marked to try and make them more authentic.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Marking crosses with the PKZ number on the ring was only in force from the end of 1942. Therefore, the crosses produced earlier did not have markings PKZ.
    Robert