MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

EK 1 need help!!!

Article about: So we do actually have a genuine cross. The pin is not a normal K&Q pin which will affect the value. I don't mind a replaced pin, you hardly see the backs of these crosses on display any

?

Default Re: EK 1 need help!!!

To sum up, the EK is an original Klein & Quenzer, typical date and frame. The pin is not a normal K&Q pin, it might be a variant, it might be a wartime replacement or it could be a postwar replacement, there is no way to tell but looking at the wear to it I personally believe it is a contemporary pin and the cross has been worn using this pin. Where the pin came from is anyone's guess, it might have come from another award or it might have been made especially for this piece. The frames are showing some wear on the extremities and the base metal is showing through. It could be brass or tombak, either way it is yellowish in appearance.
    To mention pin replacements in general, not all replacements are postwar, these awards did break in the normal line of duty prior to May 1945 and it would probably be cheaper and easier to repair or replace a pin rather than have to wait until you had leave and then go and buy a new award from a licenced seller.
    This being the case, you might not have an award that matches what is commonly regarded as the 'standard' for a particular maker but you still have an original award and a period pin nonetheless - despite it not being the pin that was originally attached to the award.
    Does this make the award less desirable? Not to me personally but everyone can make their own mind up. A replacement pin is part of the award's history. Is a combat worn and broken and repaired award worth less than a regular award of the same which might have sat the war out in a drawer somewhere? Again, personal preference will dictate.
    Another example, I have a tombac Juncker Beobachterabzeichen, what do these retail at? £500-£600? I got mine for £230 because it had a replaced pin. I'm not worried, you can't see it from the front and I don't display the back side of it!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK 1 need help!!!
    P
    Many

A good summary Adrian, Maxrsx its your call

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you all for your help. this cross, I probably will not buy.

?

How much is being asked?

?

in the world Many other crosses better than this. wanted 240 euro

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That is a very expensive price. You can find many EK1s for sale for a lot less.

?

we have 250 euro a normal price on the wwii 1st class crosses they usually cost 400-450 euro. this is when you see something in person rather than the photo on the Internet.

?

we have 250 euro a normal price on the wwii 1st class crosses they usually cost 400-450 euro. this is when you see something in person rather than the photo on the Internet.
    Goodmorning!, sorry where are u from?

?

You can find WW2 EK1 for under €200 on dealers sites.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast