Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ek 2 mm help

Article about: This is my first EK 2. The makes mark is hard to see. It looks like "333" but I am probably wrong. Any comments would be great. Thanx!

OKW
    ?

Default Re: Ek 2 mm help

Are these fakes being made in two parts with soldered seams or are they stamped from one piece of metal?

2. # ADS

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Nick 65 is a Klein & Quenzer . and i think that one is
    few cool thanks mate

OKW
    Are these fakes being made in two parts with soldered seams or are they stamped from one piece of metal?
    the fakes look to be made in the exact same way as originals which is why they fool people so well thats why i had to ask about my one

I feel like pulling my hair out!!

?

is there any chance you can get your money back ??????

OKW
    ?

That worrying then, fakes i saw didn't have the sweated soldered edges to the frame. There was a worry that if the iron core could be moved about then that was another indicator of a fake, but then it was muted that if there was movement it was probably a late war production. These moving cores also seem more prone to corrosion. What is the black part of originals coated with? enamel, some sort of paint?

Correctly made three peice construction fakes have been around a long time.

A core which rattles in the frame is often a good sign of an original.

A new production technique developed during the war actually eliminated this rattle/movement.

The cores are painted.

Cheers, Ade.

Yeah there will be no problem getting my money back. The dealer is very honest and I have bought alot good stuff from him. But I think he is around 80 years old and he told me he not as sharp as he used to be. He has a small home thats packed wall to wall with military stuff. Now he wants me to go through his entire german collection and find out what is fake. Sounds like fun.

But the good thing from all this is I will be better at spotting fakes by the time this thread ends. Is the "3" on both dates a red flag on any EK2 or certain maker marks? Thanx for all the help.

Quote by Doomula5000 View Post
    Is the "3" on both dates a red flag on any EK2 or certain maker marks? Thanx for all the help.
    Hi, the subject of Iron Crosses is a complex one. Each maker had their owns dies, so as a result, the actual design will be different in small details from maker to maker. This is most noticable on details such as the date and the cross hatching on the rims.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

Smile Re: Ek 2 mm help

Doomula 5000 see if the old chap will adopt you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3