Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK1 Screwback.Original?

Article about: Adrian, Please find attached 2 pictures of the screwback fitting for your perusal/ comment. Having spoken with the seller on the phone, he noticed that the disk was not a perfect fit as ther

Default EK1 Screwback.Original?

Apologies for the bad pictures but these were the best that I could do at the time.

This is an EK1 with a screwback but the fitting looks to be in light copper rather than in silver?

EK seems to be made in parts and has a magnetic centre.EK1 Screwback.Original?EK1 Screwback.Original?EK1 Screwback.Original?

Obviously the next question is this original, a good copy or just plain bad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK1 Screwback.Original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK1 Screwback.Original?

imo the cross has a chance although better pics are needed and i dont think the back plate is origional to the cross.

Possibly a Deschler??? But wait for better pics and other opinions

?

Does anyone else have an opinion on this cross? the back of the cross looks like a different type of metal/finish to the front.

Looks good to me. Do you believe the cross is several pieces? Two frames and a steel core? Is the core magnetic?

"Yes" the core is magnetic and is made in parts.

I have a distinct lack of knowledge here and appreciate the replies given thus far.

?

I'm not seeing any problem with the cross from the photos but would like to see the other side of the screw disc?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm not seeing any problem with the cross from the photos but would like to see the other side of the screw disc?
    Sorry, cross is not in my possession, hence the bad photos, but I will try to get a better picture of the disk.
    The disk is well made and quite light, it is not one of the klunky fittings that you see which originate from Eastern Europe.

?

Are the photos definitely of the same cross? It might be an illusion created by the flash but the obverse side looks flat while the reverse side looks vaulted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I think Adrian is right, i could swear the front and back are two different crosses. As even the outline of the reverse looks more misshapen??

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Are the photos definitely of the same cross? It might be an illusion created by the flash but the obverse side looks flat while the reverse side looks vaulted.
    Adrian/Rory,
    The cross is flat and the picture of the front of the cross was taken with it sitting on the housing for the screw fitting.These were taken with my wife's i pad as she had it with her at the time, so the pics are not great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast