Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?

Article about: Just picked up the Souval because I love the ribbon set up! Maybe post war ? Maybe worn by a widow? Who knows.. but its quirky Nick

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?

Just picked up the Souval because I love the ribbon set up!

Maybe post war ? Maybe worn by a widow? Who knows.. but its quirky

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-25-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK2 Souval with 'female' ribbon ?

That's an interesting one Nick. Nice find, you don't see many of these around.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian Certainly caught my eye!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thats a real nice ek2 and ribbon nick,love it.

I wonder if it belonged to one of the 29 women Hitler decorated with the EKII.....???

1) Flugkapitanin Hanna Reitsch EK1 (Nov 5, 1942) and EK2 (March 28, 1941)
    2) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Elfriede Wnuk EK2 (Sept 19, 1942)
    3) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Marga Droste EK2
    4) Flugkapitanin Melitta Grafen Schenk von Stauffenberg EK2
    5) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Magda Darchinger EK2
    6) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Ilse Schulz EK2
    7) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Grete Fock EK2
    8) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Liselotte Hensel Mutterhaus EK2
    9) Hauptfuhrerin des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Holzmann (fisrt name?) EK2
    10) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Elfriede Gunia EK2 (March 9, 1944)
    11) Germanische Freiwillige Norwegische OKS Schwester Anne Gunhild Moxnes EK2 (March 9, 1944)
    12) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Hanny Weber EK2
    13) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Ilse Daub EK2
    14) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Else Grossmann EK2 (Jan 4, 1945)
    15) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Greta Grafenkamp EK2 (Feb 17, 1945 Fortress Breslau)
    16) Arztin Dr Elisabeth Potuz EK2 (Feb 3, 1945 Fortress Breslau)
    17) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Ruth Raabe (Feb 3, 1945 Fortress Breslau)
    18) Schwester Ursula Kogel EK2 (March 1, 1945 Fortress Breslau)
    19) Schwesterhelferin Liselotte Schlotterbeck (March 8, 1945 Fortress Breslau)
    20) Eva Halm EK2 (my German is not so good but it looks like she was recognised in Jan 26th 1956 for being awarded the EK2 in the Fortress Breslau)
    21) SS Kreigsberichters M. Struve Ottilie Stephan EK2 (Feb 22, 1945 Berlin)
    22) Volksdeutsche Leni Stalinek EK2 (March 15, 1945 Berlin)
    23) Wehrmaschthelferinnen Alice Bendig EK2 (March 6, 1945 Berlin)
    24) Wehrmaschthelferinnen Hidegard Bellgardt EK2 (March 6,1945 Berlin)
    25) Schwester des Deutsches Roten Kreuzes Elfriede Muth EK2 (March 18, 1945 Berlin)
    26) Schwesterhelferin Rohna von Ceuern EK2 (March 22, 1945 Berlin)
    27) Schwesterhelferin Anna Wohlschutz EK2 (March 22, 1945 Berlin)
    28) Frau Dr. Lemke EK2 (April 26, 1945)
    29) Linie Dienst (from an article in 1952 atributes this woman with the EK2) ???

Number 28 - Frau Dr. Lemke didn't receive the award: according to a manuscript belonging to former RAD-Fuhrer Pauli she was asked to bring some EK's from the Reichskanzlei on 26 April 1945. It is not known who received these awards, but they included 3 Fuhrerinnen of the RADwJ.

Number 29 - the memoirs of Leon Degrelle refer to a Belgian nurse being awarded the EK for service in the front line ("Linie Dienst" isn't a name).

From the book 'Auszeichnungen Des Deutschen Reiches 1936-1945'

by Kurt-Gerhard Kleitmann, Published by Motorbuch Verlag (Jan 1 2002)

You never know!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This ribbon-configuration is known as the "Damenschleife"...Very nice!
    Great information Ned, so many documentaries still incorrectly claim that Hanna Reitsch was the only woman to be decorated with the Iron Cross...
    cheers, Glenn

Very cool. Definitely not a ribbon setup often seen.

?

I have a couple of these on such unique ribbon arrangements but I'm doubtful mine or Nick's were awarded to any of the females Ned mentions above.

I'm sure female recipients would be governed by rules by which they wore their decorations and as mine and Nick's are all mounted differently my suspicion is that they were mounted like this by Widows or Mothers of fallen EK2 holders.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    This ribbon-configuration is known as the "Damenschleife"...Very nice!
    Great information Ned, so many documentaries still incorrectly claim that Hanna Reitsch was the only woman to be decorated with the Iron Cross...
    cheers, Glenn
    Was she the only winner of both grades though Glenn? She got the EKII on the 28th of March 1941 and later the EK1 on the 5th of November 1942. Here she is wearing both, along with the very rare pilots clasp for women

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?

The second winner was German Red Cross nurse Elfriede Wnuk, who was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class on September 19, 1942. Furthermore she was awarded with the Eastern Front Medal and the Wound Badge in Silver. As a nurse Elfriede Wnuk served on the front from September 1, 1939. She partook in the advance in the Central Sector of the Eastern Front and experienced the winter and summer battles near Orel/Russia, doing her duty in Kriegslazarett 509 (Military Field Hospital 509). By doing so she suffered severe injuries that included the loss of a leg during a Russian bombing raid. Here's a photo of her wearing her awards (note the difference from the norm.)

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Souval with 'female' ribbon ?  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Very interesting Mr Big..all good stuff there ,thanks for info. & Nick another excellent Ek you have there...Thank you for posting very interesting too Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast