Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EK2 u/m Otto Schickle.

Article about: Just got this nice unmarked L/15, hope you like her guys Nick

Default Re: EK2 u/m Otto Schickle.

Thanks Adrian for the spelling edit!

Nice cross , you dont see many marked L/15s around !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 u/m Otto Schickle.
    P
    Many

?

Nice one, Nick!
    Is it magnetic?
    I just recived a unmagnetic example.

And Adrian, I have the twin to your cross

?

[QUOTE=Adrian;431839]Now you just need to find an L/15 marked cross for the full set!

Adrian, what crosses would be included in the set? Trying to get a crash course....
    thanks!
    ps could someone summarize the difference between an EK 2 vs EK1 vs RK? Are both EK 's medals?

?

[QUOTE=Simon2;432581]
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    Now you just need to find an L/15 marked cross for the full set!

Adrian, what crosses would be included in the set? Trying to get a crash course....
    thanks!
    ps could someone summarize the difference between an EK 2 vs EK1 vs RK? Are both EK 's medals?
    Hi Simon,
    What I meant by 'the full set' in this case is that Nick needs a marked Otto Schickle EK2 to complete a full set of this class by this maker: a one piece, an unmarked and a marked. These are all the EK2s thought to be produced by this maker and it should be noted that we cannot be absolutely sure the one piece cross was made by Schickle. This maker is thought to be the most likely but it is not a confirmed fact.

The differences between an EK2, an EK1 and a RK are as follows (very basically).
    The EK2 is a double sided award which measures approx 44mm square and is suspended from a black, white, red, white, black ribbon. The cross itself is not usually worn except for on special occasions and is commonly court mounted. It is normally represented on the uniform by the wearing of it's ribbon through the second buttonhole of the tunic or as a ribbonbar above the left breast pocket.
    The EK1 has the same dimensions as the EK2 but the reverse features a pin or a screwback. This award is worn on the left breast pocket and takes precidence over any other awards such as Kriegsabzeichen.
    The RK is a larger award, about 48mm square and is a double sided. It has a ribbon loop similar to the EK2 but arranged in a way to allow the cross to hang from the neck straight. The ribbon loop is elongated for a wider ribbon. As mentioned, this is the class of EK which was worn around the neck suspended from a ribbon wider than the EK2 with the award displayed at the throat. The ribbon colours are the same as the EK2.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

[QUOTE=Simon2;432581]
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    Now you just need to find an L/15 marked cross for the full set!

thanks!
    Hi Simon

Do some internet/forum research, there is plenty of information

Iron Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Adrian and Stick, thanks to both for the info and links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2