Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2nd class button hole

Article about: Hi, I saw this EK2 button and couldn't resist it. I think it's really nice. Does anyone know what tunic this would've been displayed on please? Cheers, Jay.

Default EK2nd class button hole

Hi, I saw this EK2 button and couldn't resist it. I think it's really nice. Does anyone know what tunic this would've been displayed on please? Cheers, Jay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2nd class button hole   EK2nd class button hole  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2nd class button hole
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2nd class button hole

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    I think it's really nice. Does anyone know what tunic this would've been displayed on please?
    None, actually; these lapel bows were exclusively for wear with civilian dress. They were worn in the left lapel's buttonhole.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    None, actually; these lapel bows were exclusively for wear with civilian dress. They were worn in the left lapel's buttonhole.
    This is true, civilian dress only for these. If a tunic was worn the EK2 would be represented by the ribbon through the buttonhole, on a ribbon bar or by having the medal court mounted although this is seen more with the waffenrock on formal occasions as a court mounted EK2 would be impractical in any other circumstance.

Nice buttonhole though!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Please allow me to add mine, along with two of its WW1-era equivalents:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2nd class button hole  

Reverse:
    Attached Images Attached Images EK2nd class button hole 

Wow! I did not even know these existed. Forgive my interruption here, but this is why I love this forum. I really learn something new here each day. Thanks guys, for posting these.

These are cool little items guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Please allow me to add mine, along with two of its WW1-era equivalents:
    That bottom example is a beauty. I've got a single ribbonbar mounted on a piece of card exactly the same but I've never seen a buttonhole before, nor with that rear device.

EK2nd class button hole
    Quote by AdrianC View Post
    That bottom example is a beauty. I've got a single ribbonbar mounted on a piece of card exactly the same but I've never seen a buttonhole before, nor with that rear device.
    Adrian, it is a typical "Imperial" era type fastner, also used extensivly on Imperial German army heraldic NCO rank collar buttons.The EK II button hole type ribbon bar, was also fitted with a safety pin fastening device and was worn attached to the "Attila" type tunic worn by Imperial Hussars, because they didnt have a buttonhole to attach a tradional type ribbon. I have just bought an Attila tunic, it as we speak on its way from the U.S. it has this type of button hole/pin back single EK II device affixed to it, I shall provide photos when it arrives. Mean while heres a buttonhole ribbon with a miniture Iron Cross affixed, together with Hindenburg Cross for combattents (hence crossed swords) ribbon.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

That's a nice example also Steve. I have a couple of ribbonbars for the Imperial EK2, one still on it's card as I mentioned previously and one with the EK device on it. I really like them and it would be good to add a buttonhole or two to the collection.
    I look forward to seeing your new arrival and it's ribbon attachment.

Meanwhile - has anyone got a period image of a TR buttonhole being worn? If you have, please post it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast