Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

EKI 1939 engraved without manufacturer's mark

Article about: Hello gentlemen, in a shop I stumbled upon an EKI 1939 with an engraving on the back that puzzles me. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with EKs from WWII (mainly WW1 collector), but I had re

?

Default EKI 1939 engraved without manufacturer's mark

Hello gentlemen,

in a shop I stumbled upon an EKI 1939 with an engraving on the back that puzzles me. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with EKs from WWII (mainly WWI collector), but I had read some time ago in our Forum that the engravings are often faked. Most of the time, the fakes are from officers and the information would be very precise, as in this case. Unfortunately I only have this one picture of the inscription, I have no pictures of the rest of the cross. What also puzzles me is that there is no manufacturer's mark or something similar on the EKI. In addition, there is discoloration and a series of small holes next to the needle system, does that mean that something has been tampered with? The dealer described it as manufactured by Klein & Quenzer in Oberstein, the iron core is blackened and the needle would not be marked. It would be a soldier's unworn piece for home leave or the going out uniform. Can you explain to me how he came to these statements and whether it is an original EK1 with an original engraving from 1941? I would be very happy if the experts can help me with this, especially since the EKI is very expensive due to the engraving. Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Wolf

EKI 1939 engraved without manufacturer's mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKI 1939 engraved without manufacturer's mark
    P
    Many

The Use of German Terminology.
    Also, please acquire photos of the obverse, and post them in a larger format.
    It would be impossible to make any determinations from this one small photo.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)