Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Grosskreuz des Eiseres Kreuz

Article about: Hello guys, came upon this one... Could it really be that Big Cross from Hermann Göring? GCA Forum | Access denied.

?

Default Grosskreuz des Eiseres Kreuz

Hello guys, came upon this one... Could it really be that Big Cross from Hermann Göring?

GCA Forum | Access denied.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grosskreuz des Eiseres Kreuz
    P
    Many

?

Well, this isn't an interesting topic it seems...

I don't think many of us are members there Kris

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The link doesn't work for me. As I understand, Göring had twelve copies of the Grand Cross made, so it would of course be exceptionally rare.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Hello guys, came upon this one... Could it really be that Big Cross from Hermann Göring?

GCA Forum | Access denied.
    Krisse I can not see it either, could you not copy and paste it for us?

Regards SK

?

Sorry guys, wasn't aware of that. Here are the pictures. It's for sale for 38000€. That's a lot of money which I don't have atm... :-(
    Looks like it has some water or fire damage.

Grosskreuz des Eiseres KreuzGrosskreuz des Eiseres KreuzGrosskreuz des Eiseres KreuzGrosskreuz des Eiseres KreuzGrosskreuz des Eiseres KreuzGrosskreuz des Eiseres KreuzGrosskreuz des Eiseres Kreuz

?

The damage might be a good sign or a clever attempt to lend credibility to a fake. From what I've read, an American collector owned one of Göring's Grand Crosses as well as several of his other awards. Some time ago, his house burned down, but the Grand Cross was supposedly recovered, with fire damage.

The EK experts might be able to weigh in with respect to authenticity, because all I have are stories.