Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.

Article about: Ok, I hope this helps out more

?

Default Re: i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.

Ok, I hope this helps out more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.   i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.  

i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.   i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.  

i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.   i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.
    P
    Many

?

More.. It looks like someone used a pencil and outlined between the core and the frame, you can see what looks like graphite lines on the reverse side. Also it looks like the front was re- painted black.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.   i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.  

i have my doubts about this Ritterkreuz.  

?

I'm 100% sure the one I posted is a fake RK , but does anyone have any opinions on when it was copied and by who? Jewelers copy, maybe? It's silver and has most of the characteristics of the originals...three piece construction, magnetic iron core .it's not a cheap copy like the RK that started this thread. I dont know much about the copies but i know some of you guys probably know more about this stuff than i do. Opinions are welcome, thanks,
    Dean.

Hello Dean,

Sorry, I did not realise you were looking for opinions on your cross.
    Sadly though, it is indeed a fake as are the oaks. Are you sure it is a three piece? It looks like a one piece cross and I am sorry to say is probably not silver either. Maybe it is just a really heavy coat of paint on the core that has filled in the gaps between the frame and the core, but can you insert a piece of paper between them in any area?

EDIT: I have just re-read your last post and some of my questions were answered.

Sorry for the bad news.
    Regards - Danny

?

Yeah, thanks. I already know its fake, I just wanted to know more about who would have constructed and when , as it shows age. It indeed silver and iron core. Someone recently painted the front and they added too much paint that it closed the gap between the layers.

-Edit-
    Yes, the reverse has a gap because it hasn't been repainted. Only the front was heavily and sloppily repainted by someone before I owned it. I was always sure it couldn't be real when I got it. I thought it looked like a decent copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2