Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Cross First Medal with Presentation Case

Article about: Hi. I am new to this Forum and would like to ask a few questions regarding the value of the following Medal >> I have a WWll Iron Cross First Class Medal with Presentation Case in my P

Biker1
    ?

Default Iron Cross First Medal with Presentation Case

Hi. I am new to this Forum and would like to ask a few questions regarding the value of the following Medal >>
    I have a WWll Iron Cross First Class Medal with Presentation Case in my Possession.
    The Cross is in Excellent Condition. The Black is in Excellent Condition on the Front and the Silver on the Back has No Tarnish. There is no separation of the halves. The iron Cross is in Excellent condition. The Pin is Immaculate. The makers Mark is "100."
    The Presentation Case is in Excellent Condition. The Cross on the Cover is Perfect. The Lock Works Perfectly. The Felt is a Beige Color. The inside of the Top is separated from the Cover as the Glue gave but I don't think that is an issue.
    The Iron Cross has been in its Presenation Case since 1942-1943 and has rarely been removed.
    A Dear Friend of the Family has recently passed away, and his Wife has given me the medal to sell for her. Her Husband was a WWll Hero, a Silver Star Recipient, A Purple Heart Recipient from injuries suffered on Omaha Beach; 2nd Wave, and a Bronze Star Recipient with Oak Leaf Cluster among other Awards.
    He obtained this Medal from a German house the Allies took over. He also has a WWl Honor Medal, in addition to a WWll Gravity Knife, take down model.
    I am interested in the value of the Iron Cross First Class Medal with Presentation Case in the Condition as described.
    I will post pictures shortly.
    I apologize for this lenghtly post but I wanted to be as accurate as possible regarding the description, until I post Pics.
    I have seen these Medals on the Internet and have a rough idea of what their value is, but I have not seen many in the condition as described. I have seen the Medals range in price from $375.00 - $675.00 (but in a lesser condition than the one I have) and the Presenatation Cases range from $125.00 - $250.00
    Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Update:
    My pics are approx. 2 mb which are over the limit. I don't know how to compress them. Any suggestions are apprecaited. I shot the pics at 2mp.
    Last edited by Biker1; 02-18-2010 at 08:22 AM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Iron Cross First Medal with Presentation Case

Hello,

The iron cross you have described was made by the firm of Rudolf Wächtler & Lange. This makers crosses are often found in extremely good to mint condition which fits your description. They are not rare so I would guess a price for it at approx $400 - $450 (this price also includes the case).

Here's a picture of my '100' in a rarer 'square' push button case.
    Regards - Danny

Biker1
    ?

Thank you for your response. I also have the "Rarer" Square Push Button Case. Would that increase the Total Value?
    I have some nice pics but I don't know how to reduce the size so I can poost them.
    I assume I can get your estimated price from a private sale, rather than if I sold it to a Dealer.

Quote by Biker1 View Post
    Thank you for your response. I also have the "Rarer" Square Push Button Case. Would that increase the Total Value?
    I have some nice pics but I don't know how to reduce the size so I can poost them.
    I assume I can get your estimated price from a private sale, rather than if I sold it to a Dealer.
    Yes, that price would be from a private sale, a dealer would not offer near as much. The square push button case is more desirable as they are not as common as the regular cases, but still would not increase the value very much more than the amount quoted. (maybe $20-40 extra).

Biker1
    ?
    Last edited by Biker1; 02-18-2010 at 09:45 PM.