Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

L/15 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: Hello, New here. Looking for some info. I have the above cross, L/15, was told it's rare, but can not find any info. I know it's a Schickle, but all I find is that when the crosses were firs

Default L/15 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Hello,
    New here. Looking for some info. I have the above cross, L/15, was told it's rare, but can not find any info. I know it's a Schickle, but all I find is that when the crosses were first being made, old WWI stock was being used, which made them smaller, and are called Schickle. So was he the only one doing this??

I have the Iron Times book, but it does not give a lot of info. From what I could find, Schickle was just an "L" code manufacture?? Are these crosses, 1st and 2nd, rarer than others?? I found a 2nd class that is said to be an unmarked Schickle and is priced much higher than other 2nd classes. Why is that??

Thanks,
    Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/15 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse   L/15 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  

L/15 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse  
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-05-2016 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/15 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Schickle was issued an LDO (L/15) number and then it was taken away and Mayer (L/18) bought a lot of his stock. They are hard to find. There is another L15 (without the slash) and this one is considered post war. Jim

You are confusing 'schinkel variants' with the maker Otto Schickle.

Your cross was made by hersteller Otto Schickle and has their standard WW2 frame, which is way larger than the WW1 frames 'schinkel variants' used. A LDO marked Schickle is indeed a hard one to find, so congrats mate!

Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick and THANKS!!
    Yes I was getting those confused and got it now.