Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mint unissued Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1. Klasse mit Etui u. Karton

Article about: Story time. If tl;dr just skip to the photos. One of the first pieces of militaria I ever acquired. It was in the early 80’s and I was still just a kid. A childhood friend who lived in my

TWS
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Beautiful Todd . I have one and it looked just as nice when i got it in the 60's ( I never took pictures of my collection until I retired ) and it stayed nice till I made the mistake of displaying it open a couple years ago . Now look , within 2 months ( I didn't pay attention ) it lost all the frosting which really surprised me and disappointed me for sure . Humidity here is a killer . Keep it locked up tighter than a drum to preserve it !
    Dennis
    Hi Dennis,
    I am really sorry to hear about what happened to yours. It appears to be a B.H. Mayer just like mine. Mine has been stored away 99.999% of it's life and I find it happily amazing that I did that as I wasn't the smartest about how to care for relics as a teenager. Luckily I protected it fanatically and resisted the urge to ever set it out on display. My war room humidity is controlled and this one is boxed up with silica gel packs surrounded it on top of that.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint unissued Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1. Klasse mit Etui u. Karton
    P
    Many

?

That is a Frosty Bird.
    And to add the case and cardboard box it came in just put that on TOP!!!

An excellent example to be proud of.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I am lost for words, simply stunning and not one we're likely to see again in such condition.

Wilko

CBH
    ?

Beautiful award and lovely story, probably the most expensive cardboard box I’ve seen.

TWS
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Beautiful award and lovely story, probably the most expensive cardboard box I’ve seen.
    Thanks! And you're not kidding about the box.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2