Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"

Article about: Hello all, I bought this cased EKI to BH Mayer, wondering if it is original. The dealer is a good lad, and I think I am happy with it, but the pin on the back is throwing me off a bit. I onl

Question Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"

Hello all,

I bought this cased EKI to BH Mayer, wondering if it is original.

The dealer is a good lad, and I think I am happy with it, but the pin on the back is throwing me off a bit.

I only see that hinge on the later non-marked BH Mayer ones.

Many thanks,

Cakepuncher
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"   Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"  

Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"   Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"  

Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"   Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"  

Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"  
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-07-2024 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with Cased Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse B.H Mayer "26"
    P
    Many

?

It looks fine to me. The pin isn't a regular Mayer shape but it is an accepted variant with the makers mark and that hinge block.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you very much, Adrian.

I knew it was good the moment I saw it. I am inexperienced with EKI, though I am learning the best I can.

Are there any good books you would recommend for EKI's besides Dietrich Maerz's one?

Cheers,

?

That's probably the best one. But books can go out of date and incorrect information published. (Albeit believed to be correct at the time.)
    Keep up to speed on forums and use the search function often, not just here but Google too.
    There are some good dealers out there who have good reputations. You can compare items on their sites too.

There is a good site linked below that has most of the EK variants listed and photographed. You will see an example of your EK1 there.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...lXQXcQ4WOi0ziN

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

As Adrian stated, this is a nice original cross by B. H. Mayer. The reverse hardware is not the typical Mayer setup but is a known variation found on Mayer crosses. It looks like there is sticker residue on the bottom side of the case, perhaps it was where original price tag sticker was placed.