Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...

Article about: Hi all, I came across this cased EK1 and would like to get some feedback. I've never seen a pin like this one so I'm concerned it may be a reproduction. The case, however, looks good to me,

?

Default Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...

Hi all,

I came across this cased EK1 and would like to get some feedback. I've never seen a pin like this one so I'm concerned it may be a reproduction. The case, however, looks good to me, but I'd like to hear your thoughts about it as well.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need opinions about the pin on this Cased EK1...

It is a reproduction, the infamous 'Latvian' fake. This is a well known fake and can be found with several different pin/hinge/catch set ups on the reverse as well as various maker marks. The frame and core always seem to be the same though. I don't know about the case but if they come together I suggest you walk away!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Adrian, look at the number 3 on the date, that always does it for me!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks guys, I suspected. The case looks pretty good, but since the seller is "convinced" the cross is original, I doubt I'll be able to persuade him to sell only the case. Oh well, on to the next find

?

Probably case is good, cross is fake as already sayd