Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?

Article about: So I recently purchased a WW2 brass core 1st class iron cross. I was wondering if I could get some seasoned eyes on this piece to help me authenticate it. Its hard to see but there is a clea

Default New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?

So I recently purchased a WW2 brass core 1st class iron cross. I was wondering if I could get some seasoned eyes on this piece to help me authenticate it. Its hard to see but there is a clear line along the edges indicating a 3 piece construction. It measures to the right dimensions. The lettering seems accurate. The swastika seems a little larger ever so slightly. I cannot bend it at all. The quality of the detail seems up to par. I just don't know a lot about 1st class iron cross especially these non magnetic core ones you see once in a while. Sorry if the photos suck. My camera is scuffed up and its hard to get good focus. I will gladly upload more if anyone is interested in giving me their 2 cents.

New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-06-2021 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Erwin,

I’m not sure on authenticity, but someone will be along shortly to help.

Thank you Willmore. I buy a lot from this dealer and if he is trying to pass fake for real stuff on me then I want to know. I would hate to keep getting fooled otherwise. I knew I was rolling the dice on this one because of the non metallic core at the very least.

?

Well maybe member Chopperman will chime in.
    He is the go to guy for EK's

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yeah I'm hoping he does. I've been reading his posts for a long time and he definitely knows his stuff.

Welcome to the forum.
    It appears to be a Souval frame. I am unaware if they manufactured EK's with brass cores.
    It appears more like rust to me. Can you take some photos using more natural light?
    Ralph.

P.S. Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I took a few more photos under more natural light. I saw your correction and I appreciated it greatly I bookmarked the link you posted. The lamp I was under for the first pictures was very warm lighting I'm sorry about that. I dont know why it keeps rotating every image I upload. They are all normal on my computer, but when I upload images it rotates them. Here is some better lighting and I included a decent flash image as well to capture the texture of the paint and color of the bronze coming through. I'm assuming its bronze.
    New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?New to collecting. Brass Core Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse real or fake?

Actually, with your new photos, I believe this one to be a cast copy.
    The poor detail of the frame is not what I would expect to see.
    Here is an original Souval cross to compare. I'm sure they used more than one type of hardware so, mine may appear different.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

If you edit your photos ( i.e. a slight crop or other minor adjustment) and then save it before uploading, that usually fixes the rotation issue
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well maybe member Chopperman will chime in.
    He is the go to guy for EK's

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks for that vote of confidence Phil but when it comes to TR items,
    I am a real rookie.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast