Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eichenlaub, 800 Original or fake?

Article about: Hello, I found such oak leaves at the auction can you please tell me whether it's original? I will be very grateful!

"On a final note, one that is new to the hobby shouldn't start building a roof before the foundation is laid ie; starting with high end / S.S. items, at that point one might as well go chop some kindling and start a fire as they are bound to be burned, but to each their own."[/QUOTE]

Luckily, that's what I did when I first started collecting about six years ago. I started at the bottom end of the market and slowly worked my way up the price range. I made some mistakes, but always bought from dealers who gave a money back guarantee, which is why I post every item for review and some reassurance that my collection is as sound as it can be.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaub, 800 Original or fake?
    P
    Many

Another point, is that this new member has been here for four months, started almost 40 threads, all asking for help.
    I'm pretty confident that he has been saved a truck load of money. Maybe it is time he started learning a little on his own.
    At some point in time, he will lose some money, and possibly blame those who's advice he has taken. Or, he could at least contribute to help support the forum that has saved him all of that money.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You're right, I saved a lot of money thanks to this forum, basically I am interested in Iron Crosses, is there any thread from which I can start learning?

Quote by AlienkingPL View Post
    You're right, I saved a lot of money thanks to this forum, basically I am interested in Iron Crosses, is there any thread from which I can start learning?
    There are many, you just need to do some reading.
    There are also reference threads, but, some of them are only available to paying members.
    Some of the "Sticky" threads at the top of this section are a good place to start.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dos
    ?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    That person is then told by many of you here that they should always post an item before buying it. You can't have it both ways, either post before buying, or don't.
    I am assuming this is partly me as i am one of those people that wrote it here. If you have read my whole post you would also understand that you can certainly have it both ways. There should be some research by the topic starter himself to show that he is willing to learn. This can be done simply by showing what you have researched yourself and with reference or photos to compare.

-Dos

Quote by Dos View Post
    I am assuming this is partly me as i am one of those people that wrote it here. If you have read my whole post you would also understand that you can certainly have it both ways. There should be some research by the topic starter himself to show that he is willing to learn. This can be done simply by showing what you have researched yourself and with reference or photos to compare.

-Dos
    I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. The notion of posting before you buy is across the whole forum. I have seen it on the helmet, daggers and sword forums, as well as uniforms and equipment. The idea is obviously sensible although I am guilty of rarely posting before I buy as I tend to visit shows and due to the time difference between England and North America where most of the TR experts reside it's impracticle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2