Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eichenlaub, 800 Original or fake?

Article about: Hello, I found such oak leaves at the auction can you please tell me whether it's original? I will be very grateful!

Default Eichenlaub, 800 Original or fake?

Hello,
    I found such oak leaves at the auction
    can you please tell me whether it's original?
    I will be very grateful!

Last edited by rbminis; 01-22-2021 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaub, 800 Original or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Have you tried the search engine ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

that bad?
    sorry, but i am still a beginner collector

?

Quote by AlienkingPL View Post
    that bad?
    sorry, but i am still a beginner collector
    I am not qualified to make an assessment, but if you did some research on your own and compared known originals as to the specimen you have presented you will notice similarities and differences eventually, and a tip, as a beginner do not start with high end ( $$$ ) items, you will be burned as sure as the sun sets, being spoon fed information will result in you being a beginner for all time, personal research is best to become a collector. G

I thought one of the points of this forum is to post before you buy so that you don't get your fingers burned

Dos
    ?

@AlienkingPL,

I think Gwar makes a good point here. If you do some research yourself here on the forum with help from the search engine that is available to you.. then you will see that a lot of items you are posting here come out to be fakes / reproduction and can be filtered out. You don't earn any respect here by just posting everything and asking if it is good or not. When i started out collecting military items and specifically skull insignia recently the amount of fakes i come across was incredible.. Reviewing and reading thru all the pages of the metal cap insignia (42 Pages) of threads helped a lot. Don't get me wrong here... I had a lot of help from other members and friends here that prevented me from getting myself burned. Calling in the help from members here is something you should do before buying anything unless you have done so much research and handled the items multiple times that you can make a good assessment. My opinion was that it is a fake.. I don't have any knowledge on these oak leaves, but eventually you get an eye for these things. The craftmenship of items from this era are mostly of high quality and this is not one of them. Goodluck,

-Dos

?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I thought one of the points of this forum is to post before you buy so that you don't get your fingers burned
    That is true, but I'm also sure that forum etiquette would expect one to at least make some personal effort to research items instead of expecting others to do all the donkey work.

Regards
    Brett

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    That is true, but I'm also sure that forum etiquette would expect one to at least make some personal effort to research items instead of expecting others to do all the donkey work.

Regards
    Brett
    I agree, it seems as of late there have been a lot more posts with the heading of 'Real or Fake' or similar title and the posters don't even act like they have done any attempt of self research, I don't mind helping when possible but there comes a time when a member has to buck up and buckle down, it would be different if they at least have a few comments like 'Compared to' or 'in another thread', but no mention of either has me thinking that they believe the Forums as a whole is their personal ' Militaria SIRI' of some sort..

The point I was making was that on many occasions a person will joyfully post something for review believing it to be real only to be told in no uncertain terms that it is fake. That person is then told by many of you here that they should always post an item before buying it. You can't have it both ways, either post before buying, or don't. The original post was polite and respectful and should have received a similarly polite and respectful answer with perhaps some tips for conducting effective research in the future such as links to "Sticky notes" perhaps.

?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    The point I was making was that on many occasions a person will joyfully post something for review believing it to be real only to be told in no uncertain terms that it is fake. That person is then told by many of you here that they should always post an item before buying it. You can't have it both ways, either post before buying, or don't. The original post was polite and respectful and should have received a similarly polite and respectful answer with perhaps some tips for conducting effective research in the future such as links to "Sticky notes" perhaps.
    The point I was trying to allude to that it seems in this age of technology and instant gratification a LOT of new members are in the mind set that this is like a Facebook page where you can receive multiple answers to questions ( Most of which are off the wall rubbish) without any real participation or leg work on their own, I understand that from time to time that a member will ask questions on the validity of a possible purchase, some of these individuals are only asking and not actually reciprocating within the community as far as they only post when they need something, the point of the Forum in my opinion is to learn and share knowledge, not be spoon fed information. There are hundreds upon thousands of threads here that divulge clues, examples and information if one is willing and focused to better educate themselves as a collector. On a final note, one that is new to the hobby shouldn't start building a roof before the foundation is laid ie; starting with high end / S.S. items, at that point one might as well go chop some kindling and start a fire as they are bound to be burned, but to each their own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast