Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Below is an iron cross of the second class but very peculiar. It is a cross marked 15 - Friedrich Orth but has a Schenkel core which is a rarity because these crosses (described in the liter

Default The oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Below is an iron cross of the second class but very peculiar. It is a cross marked 15 - Friedrich Orth but has a Schenkel core which is a rarity because these crosses (described in the literature) had either a Schenkel or Souval core. This is probably a mistake, a singular case.
    Robert
    The oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseThe oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseThe oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Quote by manclino View Post
    Below is an iron cross of the second class but very peculiar. It is a cross marked 15 - Friedrich Orth but has a Schenkel core which is a rarity because these crosses (described in the literature) had either a Schenkel or Souval core. This is probably a mistake, a singular case.
    Robert
    The oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseThe oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseThe oddity of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Sorry, the description was supposed to be: own core or Souval. And no "had either a Schenkel or Souval core"
    Robert

?

I think the oddities occur across the board with decorations. I have a couple of badges that are original and with original hardware that are not what is accepted for the particular maker. The variation between makers and cores and frames is immense. I don't believe the 'rules' or the literature or can be stuck to with absolute rigidity. There will always be anomalies.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....