Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions Please on the 10 rarest PKZ numbers for the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Other than LDO, Schinkels and Variants)

Article about: Hoping to get some opinions on what the top 10 rarest PKZ numbers are for the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Other than the LDO's, Schinkels and rare variants. Can't seem to find any specifi

Default Opinions Please on the 10 rarest PKZ numbers for the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Other than LDO, Schinkels and Variants)

Hoping to get some opinions on what the top 10 rarest PKZ numbers are for the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. Other than the LDO's, Schinkels and rare variants. Can't seem to find any specific posts here that list this. Any input would be greatly appeciated. Thanks, Ron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions Please on the 10 rarest PKZ numbers for the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Other than LDO, Schinkels and Variants)
    P
    Many

?

Good question and as always, the rarest cross will be the one you're looking for.....

In my opinion the rarest PKZ numbers are: 14, 21, 22, 52, 56, 66, 122, 138. That's purely from my experience of collecting them. I know that's only eight numbers but there are a few more that are all in and around the same level of scarceness and don't forget, some were never marked, Paulmann & Crone for example which is a rare one to find.

When I collected them by PKZ maker, I was fortunate to find a few of the rarer ones by chance and the more common ones were never available when I looked for them. My Zimmermann '6' took ages to find but I picked up a Friedrich Keller '66' quite quickly.

I just picked them up whenever I could find them and was lucky. The same now with my LDO EK2s, I will get them if I can find them and the price is what I'm willing to pay but if they're too expensive I'll walk away.

Similar with my Minesweeper badge collection now, I've found some very rare variants in the last couple of months by chance but some of the more common examples have so far not been available.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Good question and as always, the rarest cross will be the one you're looking for.....

In my opinion the rarest PKZ numbers are: 14, 21, 22, 52, 56, 66, 122, 138. That's purely from my experience of collecting them. I know that's only eight numbers but there are a few more that are all in and around the same level of scarceness and don't forget, some were never marked, Paulmann & Crone for example which is a rare one to find.

When I collected them by PKZ maker, I was fortunate to find a few of the rarer ones by chance and the more common ones were never available when I looked for them. My Zimmermann '6' took ages to find but I picked up a Friedrich Keller '66' quite quickly.

I just picked them up whenever I could find them and was lucky. The same now with my LDO EK2s, I will get them if I can find them and the price is what I'm willing to pay but if they're too expensive I'll walk away.

Similar with my Minesweeper badge collection now, I've found some very rare variants in the last couple of months by chance but some of the more common examples have so far not been available.
    Thanks for your input Adrian. As well as the unmarked PKZ 86, would 19, 60, and 125 be worthy of this list as well? I seem to have seen these numbers pop up as scarce also.

Are unmarked examples of makers more sought after due to them being early war? Ron

?

Yes, I would agree that those makers are hard to find as well. I think the marked EK2s are more sought after among collectors purely because they have the makers mark but it's down to the individual collector to decide what they want. I wanted the makers marks on the EKs that have them but another collector might just be happy with whatever example they can find.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I prefer to have maker marked crosses, but I have picked up a few unmarked ones as well.
    Depended on the condition, maker, and price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with everyone. All of the crosses listed are rare, however most are marked and available for purchase. But from my experience I know how many years I have been looking for crosses only unmarked! e.g. Herman Aurich PKZ 113 (two core variants), Friedrich Keller PKZ 66, J.H. Werner PKZ 137 or Walter & Henlein with a mix frame. Look for yourself, that's the challenge.
    Robert

I agree with most of what Adrian said, only my list looks a tad different: 14, 21, 22, 56, 60, 66, 125 and 128.

With '14' - Lauer being the rarest of them all imo. I've only seen few of them for sale by friends on WAF, but after all these years I can't recall seeing one by a dealer yet?? Or maybe I'm just way too slow lol.

Cheers,
    Nick