Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?

Article about: Posting this for a friend wondering if it’s real

Default Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?

Posting this for a friend wondering if it’s real
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?   Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?  

Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?
    P
    Many

can you still send pictures with the needle closed and of the lower needle mount? greeting
    The first thing I ask myself is why the needle is rusted and nothing else from the badge, which is atypical for me personally. Magnetic needle?

Will do I have to ask him for the pictures tho

IMO, the engraving is not original period engraving.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yeah I thought the same thing but I think the cross is real and the engraving was post war

Here are the better pics and the thing is non magnetic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Eisernes Kreuz 1st class?  

First let me say that I collect imperial crosses and not 39ers and I have no
    experience with round 3 crosses but IMO, if this were an imperial cross, I would
    not touch it. For me the engraving is all wrong. The patina on the reverse looks forced
    and in the last picture I see a noticeable difference in the coloring (patina ?) between the obverse
    and reverse halves of the cross. At best it is Frankenstein cross or even an out right fake.

Just my uneducated opinion.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks for the reply I was posting this for a friend I think he bought it as real but he did mention the seller said some parts where changed so it’s probably a mishmashed cross

I believe this pinned thread shows all accepted round 3 crosses.
    Round 3s
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I see this is stamped under the lower pin hanger. I don't know that this existed, a copy for me personally ......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast