Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

Article about: This popped up on eBay from a seller who truly did not know what he was selling he had listed a real iron cross first class and a real sa armband and other various original awards but then h

Default Original Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

This popped up on eBay from a seller who truly did not know what he was selling he had listed a real iron cross first class and a real sa armband and other various original awards but then he listed this. I am not an expert on the knights cross but my guess is that it’s a fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern   Original Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-12-2021 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern
    P
    Many

I have renamed your thread, and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Please read this thread regarding posting in this section.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for correcting my error

if nothing else, the ribbon is fake as it doesn't have the weft on the sides. As for the cross, I'm not qualified to say, but hopefully others will be along to offer an opinion.

?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    if nothing else, the ribbon is fake as it doesn't have the weft on the sides. As for the cross, I'm not qualified to say, but hopefully others will be along to offer an opinion.
    +1 Ribbon is fake, i think we would need better pics to determine the Cross itself.

I’m not an expert by far but isn’t the cross on the ribbon backwards? And the oak leaf and swords upside down? My be real and put together wrong?

IMO, you will need far better photos if someone is going to put their comments here.
    For something worth in the neighborhood of +$10,000, you want to be sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

And that 10000+ for a real one versus 50 for a fake.

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    I’m not an expert by far but isn’t the cross on the ribbon backwards? And the oak leaf and swords upside down? My be real and put together wrong?
    IMO, the cross appears to have been moved around the ring for the oak leaves behind the ribbon, and now shows the reverse side of the cross.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMO, the cross appears to have been moved around the ring for the oak leaves behind the ribbon, and now shows the reverse side of the cross.
    Ralph.
    That makes sense. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast