Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz

Article about: Hello everyone and thank you for any help you can give me. I apologize but I only have the two images for inspection. I recently came across a cased Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritter

Default Possible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz

Hello everyone and thank you for any help you can give me. I apologize but I only have the two images for inspection.

I recently came across a cased Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz. The price was outrageously low (I did not buy) and you know what that normally means - fake. I’ve reference the cross in Dietrich Maerz book “The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross”. I’m not getting a good feeling about the cross but I’d like to get the opinions of the experts.

From what I can see it has the correct 935 stamp as well as the incurse stamping of 4. Although the example in the Maerz book has the 935 stamped first then the 4 where the cross in question has the 4 stamped first then the 935.

I’m also not seeing the heavy frosting on the beading as well the normal die flaws in the beading area.
    Possible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 RitterkreuzPossible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz
    I’m probably answering my only question by what I’ve just typed, but I would appreciate any feedback I could get.

Thanks again, Ron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz
    P
    Many

?

This is not an original wartime produced Ritterkreuz for many reasons. The stamps, the quality, the materials. I have had a quick search and found a similar RK with the same frame and flaws and it was called fake by those more knowledgeable than me.

Here is the RK that matches the one in the opening post that was called post war by Dietrich:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz   Possible Steinhauer & Luck B-Type 935 4 Ritterkreuz  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    This is not an original wartime produced Ritterkreuz for many reasons. The stamps, the quality, the materials. I have had a quick search and found a similar RK with the same frame and flaws and it was called fake by those more knowledgeable than me.

Here is the RK that matches the one in the opening post that was called post war by Dietrich:
    Thank you Adrian. My doubts are confirmed.

?

Adrian is quite correct , nothing original about this one i'm afraid , your own observations were spot on Ron .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings