Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question

Article about: My crosses and ribbons are together but I keep ribbons off the ring too.enni

Default Re: Question

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    Oh my Nick, how many do you have? Looks like you have half of Englands LOL
    Lol! I have about 125 EK's give or take

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question
    P
    Many

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Lol! I have about 125 EK's give or take

Nick

Only a small collection then...
    Could you hold the record for most ek's on war relics?

Nick has a goal to have one EK for every German soldier who was awarded one during the war. He has a loooong way to go

If thats the case we should buy a few before Nick finds out about them being for sale and clears the stock of ek's

I have a small EK collection, I am happy for now. I applaud Nick for sticking with what he loves. And sometimes he sells a few and is a gentleman salesman.

I agree keeping to one particular area is very hard when you see so many other beautiful pieces

Well, maybe I have got it wrong but was it not so that EKII was with the ribbon only 24h after awarding it? Later only a ribbon in the buttonhole marked that the EKII was awarded. So I belive it is quite OK to keep EKII and the ribbon separatly.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    It looks goofy to put an unissued ribbon through a loop that has never been.
    I know where you're coming from but from another perspective, alot of EK2s and ribbons on the market nowadays never started life together. They get added to and taken away on a regular basis by dealers and collectors. If I buy an EK2 and it has a tatty and short piece of ribbon I always add a decent ribbon to it. I have a load of unissued ribbons for such a purpose. I cut them in half with pinking shears and use them how they're meant to be used.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I can agree with that, Adrian. I know I put an unissued ribbon through a loop and didnt care for it. Personal preference I suppose. We all like it how we like it.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I have a small EK collection, I am happy for now. I applaud Nick for sticking with what he loves. And sometimes he sells a few and is a gentleman salesman.
    Why thank you kind sir!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast