Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse and ribbons

Article about: I have noticed when I look around at dealer´s webshops and browse for a EK2 that sometimes the ribbon is attached to the EK and sometimes it is not? But still the ribbon is included alongsi

?

Default Question about Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse and ribbons

I have noticed when I look around at dealer´s webshops and browse for a EK2 that sometimes the ribbon is attached to the EK and sometimes it is not? But still the ribbon is included alongside the EK and looks very ironed and perfect. Often referred to as a long ribbon. So I´m curious why is that? It also seems like the EK with the long ribbon is a little more expensive. Sometimes there are no ribbon at all and that I can understand.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-27-2020 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse and ribbons
    P
    Many

The long ribbon would have originally been issued like that to the recipient, who would have worn the cross and ribbon at the presentation ceromony. Later, the ribbon would have been cut in half to be fed though the second button hole on the tunic without the cross being attached, leaving the cross with a shorter ribbon to be kept somewhere safe.

?

Thank yoy very much for that good answer I´ve tried to find out in some books and on the internet without success. Much appreciated!