Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes?

Article about: Hi again everyone. A local guy is selling this Iron Cross. Now, I don't have any in my collection, but I'm certainly looking. I've never had one, and only seen a handful of them in person. M

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes?

Hi again everyone.

A local guy is selling this Iron Cross. Now, I don't have any in my collection, but I'm certainly looking. I've never had one, and only seen a handful of them in person.

My first impression on this is that it's fake. I based this upon other images that I compared it to on various forums. There seem to be too many discrepancies. Of course I could be completely wrong, as I'm no expert. Case in point why I'm pinging you all here.

Here is his description. Apologies for the caps, I just copied and pasted it:

"KNIGHTS CROSS TO THE IRON CROSS - SPLIT RING - EARLY PRE-LDO JEWELER'S SAMPLE - IMMACULATE - HEAVY"

Right. Not a lot of details. I've not contacted him as yet, as his price for this piece is over just over $1300.00.

Here are the pictures, these are in the ad, and are not high def:

What do you guys think? Should I take a closer look, or is it apparent this is not worth the time, and is his price completely off?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-23-2015 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology and to orient photos properly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes?
    P
    Many

?

There is some issues with the images so I can't see it, but given that it's a Knights Cross, the price doesn't seem to high to me.

Jeweler's Sample = Copy. And a not very Good one at that.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Jeweler's Sample = Copy. And a not very Good one at that.
    You're able to see the images? I get "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

The photos Were coming up just abit ago, but have now vanished for some odd reason.
    Oops! Now they are back again!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The image issue was likely me editing to rotate them so members could see them without hurting their necks.
    If this were original, I would expect another zero on the price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The image issue was likely me editing to rotate them so members could see them without hurting their necks.
    If this were original, I would expect another zero on the price.
    Ralph.
    Thank you for editing the post, and changing the title. I'm still coming up to speed on the forum rules etc! Moving forward, I'll be sure to use the German name for items.

Also, thank you everyone for your input. I'll pass on this one!

MAP
    ?

Here is the link for the correct terminology

The Use of German Terminology.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by electricdigger View Post
    Thank you for editing the post, and changing the title. I'm still coming up to speed on the forum rules etc! Moving forward, I'll be sure to use the German name for items.

Also, thank you everyone for your input. I'll pass on this one!
    I did not set this forum up, I am only trying maintain the guidelines put forth by my co-moderator. I can only suggest that for future reference, you read the "Sticky's" at the top of the area that you plan on posting in.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

a dud in my book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast