Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes

Article about: I thought I would share my Knights Cross Grouping attributed to Wachtmeister Siegfried Freyer, a Panzer IV commander in the 24th Panzer Division. Herr Freyer was awarded the Knights Cross in

?

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes

I thought I would share my Knights Cross Grouping attributed to Wachtmeister Siegfried Freyer, a Panzer IV commander in the 24th Panzer Division. Herr Freyer was awarded the Knights Cross in 1942 after destroying 11 Russian tanks in one engagement. The Cross itself is a Junker 800 L/12 with finished pointed loop ends. Prior to purchasing it, Mr Dietrich Maerz kindly looked it over for me and confirmed that all is well. The Grouping was also examined back in 2006 on the WAF Forum and again was given the 'thumbs up'. The details of the engagement shown come from the book 'Death of the Leaping Horseman' by Jason D Mark. Herr Freyer passed away in 2004.
    I hope you get as much pleasure out of it as I do.
    Kind regards,
    Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Eye Candy!!! A big congratulations on this award and group.

And a nice worn award with provenance....Does it ever get better than that??? Don't think so.

Extremely jealous (in a good way). I've made it my goal to one day have one of these...but always spend my savings on other things first...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A wonderful grouping, as someone who collects RKT autographs you also are lucky to have one of the hardest photos to find of him. That being the Panzer Wrap portrait without the cap, this was very rarely sent out to people who wrote to him.
    Morris

?

Morris, I did not realise that. Many thanks for the information. Kind regards, Colin

What a feast for the Eyes , fantastic grouping with irrefutable provenance any idea on the whereabouts of Herr Freyer's RK Urkunde ? Regards Paul ps I believe I see a photocopy in the last photograpth

A very impressive group.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Paul, sadly I do not know the whereabouts of the Urkunde. I only have a photocopy of the Document.
    Regards, Colin

?

Excellent pick up and to a famous Stalingrad Panzerman as well , congratulations !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings