Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification

Article about: Found another one for sale i’m looking to see if anybody here wouldn’t know more about it than I do based on appearance. A 800 L12 mark across the top face. Looks to be a three piece. Ot

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification

Found another one for sale i’m looking to see if anybody here wouldn’t know more about it than I do based on appearance. A 800 L12 mark across the top face. Looks to be a three piece. Other than that I don’t really know that much about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes authentification
    P
    Many

It's a Knights Cross not an EK2 as for originality?

I am having a difficult time trying to understand what you mean by your comment, I don’t know if I’m reading it wrong, however my intentions with my post are to know if it’s original or not, hoping someone would know on here.

Hello AHudson.

What Paul means is that this is a Knights Cross, not an Iron Cross 2nd Class and he is not sure on the authenticity of the award.

Kind regards,

Will.

I apologize for my ignorance, and now that I’ve brushed up on my research thanks to both you and Paul I know now the difference.

Please do not apologise! We are all here to learn and the great thing about this forum is everyone is keen to help and share their knowledge. Personally I learn new things everyday from members here.

Hi Mr Hudson sorry if i was a bit abrupt but i was answering on my phone at work ( when i should have been working) Now, we appear to be looking at a Knights cross marked L/12 which is the Ldo number for manufacturer C.E. Junker the 800 number being the silver content of the rim. Unfortunately the frame the numbers & the stamps do not look anything like an original Junker cross therefore it is a reproduction. Hpe this helps regards Paul.

Thank you Willmore for your previous comment on the thread, and thank you, Paul for your insight on the matter. Sometimes when I come across these, I have a hard time figuring out whether or not they are authentic. Do either of you (or anyone who happens to come across this thread) have any referrals towards books that specifically catalog the manufacturers of the iron cross? Or maybe books that help you figure out whether or not they are fake or real?

I can't help with any book recommendations, but someone should be along soon who will be able to help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast