Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box

Article about: hi guys need your help please I can buy this knight's cross from a man I have been buying from for some years, it is a reliable man, with this cross he honestly says that he is not sure, he

?

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box

hi guys
    need your help please
    I can buy this knight's cross from a man I have been buying from for some years, it is a reliable man, with this cross he honestly says that he is not sure, he has owned it since 1986, including the box and ribbon.
    cross is stamped 800 but hard to see
    the size is approximately 48.5 millimeters
    hope someone can help me,seller allowed to share this on warrelics
    Sincerely Weske
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box  
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-16-2023 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes in box
    P
    Many

?

From the photos provided, my opinion is that it's a post war Souval made piece. Not an early one, maybe 70's production at a guess. The core and dates all point to Souval as do features on the frame. Souval was not a producer of the Ritterkreuz before 1945 so any RK by Souval is immediately a post war piece.
    They are collectable in their own right and as the prices of original RKs climbs ever higher, the Souval made examples can be a good space filler, especially the early crosses made not long after the war.

Maybe wait for other opinions as my knowledge of RKs is limited but that's my thoughts based upon comparisons to similar crosses.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

thank you for the clear explanation and help Adrian, it is a beautiful piece and as you say, originals are priceless for me and most collectors, I made an offer of 250 euros but he did not agree, then that's it for me
    Greetings