Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes Copy? Original? Opinions please

Article about: A friend of mine sent me these photos. He’s not a collector so missed taking closer photos of the area where the maker marks could be on the cross and ring, looks like there possibly could

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes Copy? Original? Opinions please

A friend of mine sent me these photos. He’s not a collector so missed taking closer photos of the area where the maker marks could be on the cross and ring, looks like there possibly could be marks but the photo quality isn’t great. I’ll try to get him to return and take better photos of these areas. Also this is outside my area of collecting so just looking for info on whether it could be good. Also posted on WAF and was said to be a possible souval post war because of the low swastika. it also looks to have the dipping 3 the post war souvals are known for. Thank you for any information guys it’s appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes Copy? Original? Opinions please
    P
    Many

?

I agree with post war Souval too. It matches others that have been posted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you Adrian

Any idea what the other stamping could be across from the 800 mark? Was trying to do some research but haven’t seen an example that had an addition make to the 800

Might be a ground L/58 stamp? I also have a post-war L/58, lacking the 800 stamp, but in the center of the flange, the square L/58 stamp. It shows some similarity?
    After it became common knowledge that L/58 marked crosses were made in the aftermath, but were quite good replica's that could deceive an interested, but inexperienced RK buyer, the less consensual collectors and dealers started to grind the crosses. In my early days, I cursed Souval for his reproductions. But later I learned he never sold his items to cheat collectors, he just kept producing for the aftermarket. Although it would have been nice if he had dated is postwar items...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes Copy? Original? Opinions please   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes Copy? Original? Opinions please  

?

Looks like L/58 to me too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....