Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes: K&Q 65

Article about: I picked this up at the Max Show this week. I've been looking for a nice worn Knights Cross for a long time. For me, a high level award like this has much more appeal if it was worn. This on

Just superb, I myself prefer used to mint. Fantastic addition well done Michael. Regards Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes: K&Q 65
    P
    Many

Everything is said Michael. Congratulations.
    It's amazing to think that someone won it and wore it once.
    Congratulations

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think I am now only missing the 1813 and the 1870 1st class.
    You, me and 95% of the rest of the collecting world.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    You, me and 95% of the rest of the collecting world.
    I never said I was going to get one! LoL! Just that I was missing it.

I overheard some the EK geeks at the Max that there were apparently a couple of potentially original 1813's at the show.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I bought my 1813 2nd class off of ebay several years ago.
    It was part of a family grouping which consisted of the 2nd class, the 1st class
    and a pin showing the family coat of arms. I could only afford to spend $800 so the
    seller agreed to split the grouping and sell me just the 2nd class. Like a complete
    idiot, I did not save a picture of the coat of arms or record the recipients name.
    I was young and dumb and new to collecting Eks.
    gregM

myself around.

MAP
    ?

I bought my 1813 2nd class off of ebay several years ago.
    It was part of a family grouping which consisted of the 2nd class, the 1st class
    and a pin showing the family coat of arms. I could only afford to spend $800 so the
    seller agreed to split the grouping and sell me just the 2nd class. Like a complete
    idiot, I did not save a picture of the coat of arms or record the recipients name.
    I was young and dumb and new to collecting Eks.
    So you have an 1813!!! That is great. We all make errors and omissons so I wouldn't worry too much about the recipients name. At least the award is in very good hands.

For my missing items, I was just saying that I don't have any 1813's nor a 1st Class 1870 (which I see crazy silly prices on).

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Original 1870 Ek1s I'm sure are north of $4K now.
    If you're interested, here is my 1813 2nd. (post #2047)
    Imperial Eks
    gregM

myself around.

?

Mike - to answer your question, my pickups are in the attached pillow photo … my focus was LW badges , but I over did it … I strayed from my shopping list with the gravity knife and imperial medals case …. I like to display my EKs similar to you (also attached). Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes: K&Q 65   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes: K&Q 65  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes: K&Q 65  

MAP
    ?

Quote by zook View Post
    Mike - to answer your question, my pickups are in the attached pillow photo … my focus was LW badges , but I over did it … I strayed from my shopping list with the gravity knife and imperial medals case …. I like to display my EKs similar to you (also attached). Dan
    I do remember seeing the cased EK / WB. You did very very well. All top shelf items.

Great displays! I like how you spent the time putting together photos and texts to them. You certainly have a lot's of EK's! And 4 KC's? Wow!!!!! I see one looks to be a '57. Are the other 3 war time?

MAP
    ?

Original 1870 Ek1s I'm sure are north of $4K now.
    If you're interested, here is my 1813 2nd. (post #2047)
    Imperial Eks
    I do remember this one now. A beauty!

Yes. the 1870's 1st Class seem to be going for $4k+ unfortunately. I can only imagine how much an 1813 goes for now. 1st or 2nd class!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast