Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

Article about: I would appreciate your comments on this Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern. I am not a collector so have very little knowledge on this subject. I have read forum posts and have obtai

?

Default Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

I would appreciate your comments on this Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern. I am not a collector so have very little knowledge on this subject. I have read forum posts and have obtained a copy of Gordon Williamson's Knights of the Iron Cross. This examples matches some of his description but there is no 800 silver mark, no detail on back of swords, the swastika is a bit low? and the eyelet seems a bit crude.

Many thanks

Dom M

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und SchwerternRitterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern
    P
    Many

Dom, to my eyes sadly this example is a reproduction.

There are examples on the internet of originals but definitely the suspension ring and oak leaves are reproductions. Usually when that happens so is the KC. It's lacking details of known originals, the ribbed rim is the giveaway to me.

As I usually advise when I state reproduction, wait others opinions on this.

?

Thanks Rich, appreciate the reply. Dom