Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ritterkreuz ribbon.

Article about: On this page, they're selling an Knight's cross ribbon for \\$1000. I HAVE ONE!! Are they really worth that much? (just the ribbon) German Iron Cross

?

Default Ritterkreuz ribbon.

On this page, they're selling an Knight's cross ribbon for $1000. I HAVE ONE!! Are they really worth that much? (just the ribbon)

German Iron Cross
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-30-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz ribbon.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz ribbon.

I normally ask members to upload the photos instead of just posting a link, that way the photos will be available even if the link dies. On this occasion I really can't be bothered, all I will say is try a search for 'Snyder' here on the forum and draw your own conclusions as to whether the price is right or even if the ribbon is real or even if you would lay down $999.99 based upon these photos which IMO are of a fake ribbon.

Why not just cut out the middle man and post a photo of your actual ribbon for opinions..............?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Nevermind, it's not worth it.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Soviet View Post
    Nevermind, it's not worth it.
    That bad, huh?

-Kenneth S-H.

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    That bad, huh?

-Kenneth S-H.
    I just don't want to bother taking photos of the same exact thing shown in the link.

KSH
    ?

I just don't want to bother taking photos of the same exact thing shown in the link.
    I thought you said you had a RK ribbon yourself... We would love to see it.

-Kenneth S-H

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    I thought you said you had a RK ribbon yourself... We would love to see it.

-Kenneth S-H
    I do have one--it looks exactly like the linked one.

?

I really don't understand this, how can you tell if the ribbon in the link is genuine or reproduction? You can't make out the weave, the edges or the material used. I suspect very strongly the ribbon on Snyders site is a fake judging by the very straight edges. Any decent dealer selling a period length of ribbon and asking that amount of money for it will post good, close up photos which show the points I mentioned above.
    If you don't want to bother taking photos of your actual ribbon for appraisal why ask the question? These are two different ribbons, how can one be exactly the same as the other? You simply cannot tell if your ribbon is genuine without seeing it!

For example I have an Eisernes Kreuz. It looks the same as another one. Is mine genuine?

How can anyone tell if my cross is genuine from looking at a completely different cross? You see what I mean?

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I really don't understand this, how can you tell if the ribbon in the link is genuine or reproduction? You can't make out the weave, the edges or the material used. I suspect very strongly the ribbon on Snyders site is a fake judging by the very straight edges. Any decent dealer selling a period length of ribbon and asking that amount of money for it will post good, close up photos which show the points I mentioned above.
    If you don't want to bother taking photos of your actual ribbon for appraisal why ask the question? These are two different ribbons, how can one be exactly the same as the other? You simply cannot tell if your ribbon is genuine without seeing it!

For example I have an Eisernes Kreuz. It looks the same as another one. Is mine genuine?

How can anyone tell if my cross is genuine from looking at a completely different cross? You see what I mean?
    I wasn't considering buying the ribbon on the site. Basically, I'm just trying to figure out the value of a genuine knight's cross ribbon. I am certain that mine is genuine.

?

I didn't think you were considering buying the piece from Snyder I'm trying to make the point that no-one can tell you anything about your ribbon without seeing it. How can we say it's original based upon looking at another? Genuine Ritterkreuz ribbon does command a premium price but how are we to advise you if we can't see yours?

Would you be happy to confirm the car on my driveway is a Ferrari because it's red?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast