Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz 2

Article about: Yet again I have stumbled across something I have never seen before. I have an EK2 in it's packet. The cross is fine, 3 piece- magnetic ect, The ring is marked as picture below. The ends of

Default Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz 2

Yet again I have stumbled across something I have never seen before. I have an EK2 in it's packet. The cross is fine, 3 piece- magnetic ect, The ring is marked as picture below. The ends of the ring are soldered/sweated - any ideas on the maker? please

I also have a lovely EK1 marked 53 (just under pin) for Glaser & Sohne -Dresden Not seen one before - are they thin on the ground? not often encountered? - Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2  
    Last edited by John Brandon; 02-02-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Addition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2
    P
    Many

John, I believe this to be the 333 fake

Opinion for this EK2 ?

Also there is no EK1 53 maker, it could be an L/53 in which case it will be a Hymmen which is not a common maker. Please can you post a pic?

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 02-02-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello John,
    It always helps to post photos of the whole cross. Some here know their crosses well enough to identify it from other details aside from just the stamp on the ring.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is my Hymmen to compare John
    Attached Images Attached Images Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2  Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2  Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

point taken I really did know to post all of the cross, but its buried amougst all the stuff I bought last week - I promise I will dig it out but not today - off to the dentist to have 2 pulled - oh joy

Here's a couple of pictures of the HYMMEN!!!! My eyes are craop. it is L/53 with the "L" worn just like your one Ralph

I wish my eyes were better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2   Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2  

Strange ring markings on Eisernes Kreuz  2  

Congrats John ! You have a scarce Hymenn

Nick