Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?

Article about: Hello all, I thought I would post a few pics for opinion of an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse which is marked L/15 whom I believe would be Otto Schickle? Not being very deep in the medals I thoug

Default Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?

Hello all, I thought I would post a few pics for opinion of an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse which is marked L/15 whom I believe would be Otto Schickle?
    Not being very deep in the medals I thought I would run it by the Big Boys to try and learn a little more. The Core is magnetic. Any comments appreciated.
    Regards, Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?   Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?
    P
    Many

That's a very nice Paul Meybauer. It should be marked with L/13 and not L/15.

Do you have any pics of the reverse please?

Regards,
    Nick

?

That is a very nice EK Geoff.
    Ken

Thank you very much Guys! I guess the old eyes need an update to a newer series of Lens implants! Paul Meybauer it is Nick! It seems not unusual that these tiny stamps are often incomplete or distorted in some way?? Here are some more pics for evaluation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?   Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?  

Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?   Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?  

Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?   Thoughts on Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse by L/15 Otto Schickle?  

That is a nice find. Seems like the prices have really escalated for the LDO marked Meybauers.

Hello Chrish,I think when most people begin collecting they tend to grab anything they find.and later realize that you can't have one of everything.As you become more interested you begin to focus more on certain areas.Now with the forums,we are starting to see the subcategories and variants displayed in detail and people are able to enjoy the tiny details and differences in maker marks etc.The only downside is that the "Crooks" are gaining this info as well...

Regards,Geoff