Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?

Article about: Hi guys, what do you think is the manufacturer of this Iron Cross? It's unmarked and the seller didn't knew which one it could be... any opinion?

?

Lightbulb Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?

Hi guys, what do you think is the manufacturer of this Iron Cross? It's unmarked and the seller didn't knew which one it could be... any opinion?
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-02-2019 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?
    P
    Many

?

Exclamation I don't think this is normal... is this a Fake EK2?

Hello guys, I had posted the photos, not long ago of this Brehmer ek2.
    Today I was looking at it in direct light and I saw that the black paint was not only in the core but also in the border of the frame!! Same on the reverse of the cross. Check the second image.

The cross seems made from three parts. Check the first Image to see the small gap between core and frame. But the core doesn't move...

I really can't explain myself that black paint on the frame. Anyone more expert than me can give any opinion? I'd really appreciate, thank you very much.

Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?

Not unheard of to find this. It is still an original cross.
    I have seen it on one or two of my own crosses.
    I will try to see if I can find the photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Glad to hear that! I'd love to see other photos.
    Is that normal for Klein & Quenzer crosses to have this features?

Quote by Azor99 View Post
    Glad to hear that! I'd love to see other photos.
    Is that normal for Klein & Quenzer crosses to have this features?
    This is a Brehmer cross, not K&Q.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Sorry I confused myself with a K&Q that I just sold. I meant Brehmer.
    Then is it common for Gustav Brehmer's crosses to have the inside-frame borders black colored? I watched some images of Brehmers on the internet but almost no one had this feature

Here are some photos that I have of my unmarked parade mount Brehmer.
    You can see a little on some of the frame, although I didn't really focus on that.
    Ralph.

?

First of all, very beautiful cross, congrats!
    I see some black paint on the frame yes, although mine has a lot more just on the left arm, front and reverse. That got me worried since it was even shiny! Guess someone just oversprayed too much.
    Thanks for your time. I learnt something new and interesting.

Here is my unmarked Gustav Brehmer with overspray visible. Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?

?

Hello Chrish, thanks for sharing your photos, your example has a lot of overspraying and is very similar to the one I have on my cross. That reassures me