Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarkierte Hersteller bei Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse oder Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Abzeichen

Article about: Hello collector friends, who can enlighten me about unmarked manufacturers at EK1 or EK2 badges. 1. Why wasn't every piece marked by the manufacturer? 2. Does an unmarked piece have to be id

Default Unmarkierte Hersteller bei Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse oder Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Abzeichen

Hello collector friends, who can enlighten me about unmarked manufacturers at EK1 or EK2 badges.
    1. Why wasn't every piece marked by the manufacturer?
    2. Does an unmarked piece have to be identical to a marked piece if there was no manufacturer award?
    3. From when were unmarked pieces awarded, also from the beginning of the awards?
    Unfortunately, I couldn't read anything here in the forum, and you won't find a correct answer on the internet either. When I look at EK1 DNA, badges are shown at EK2, almost only marked pieces. Therefore my question ................... Thanks for your effort and time
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-10-2021 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarkierte Hersteller bei Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse oder Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Abzeichen
    P
    Many

If someone had an idea or a meaningful answer to my questions, it would bring me a few steps forward in terms of collecting unmarked badges. thank you for the effort

You ask some very important questions about Iron Crosses. There was a large amount of government regulation that shaped how manufacturers made and marked their Iron Crosses, and a good amount of variation as to how makers followed these regulations. And, of course, exceptions to every rule.

Explaining all the intricacies of the regulations, the PKZ and the LDO and who did and didn't follow it, is way beyond the scope of a forum post.

Since you seem to be on this forum seeking information about EKs quite frequently I would highly recommend you by a good reference book on each grade of the Iron Cross. Many collectors avoid buying reference books due to the price (especially on Ebay of Amazon), but you can usually get them for good prices directly from the publisher, such as B&D publishing or Verlag Weber. Dietrich Maerz has great books on both EKI and EKII, and Mario Alt has an older book about the EKII that is fairly inexpensive but still useful.

Hello, I thank you for your testimony, I have the book by Mario Alt, mainly only stamped, I will buy the book by Dietrich March and look it up .......... An interesting question about the unmarked manufacturer possibly still finds approval does ...... Thanks for your time