Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)

Article about: Evening fella's, I am seriously thinking about getting this one ( my beer goggles like it)! Seems fine to me as a first pattern Borger made piece, what do you think? Leon.

Default Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)

Evening fella's,
    I am seriously thinking about getting this one ( my beer goggles like it)! Seems fine to me as a first pattern Borger made piece, what do you think? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)   Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)
    P
    Many

Hello Leon,
    The obverse looks okay to me but I was not aware that they were produced with round pins. I would ask if they have been replaced before I would buy, or, make sure they have a return policy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Leon,
    The obverse looks okay to me but I was not aware that they were produced with round pins. I would ask if they have been replaced before I would buy, or, make sure they have a return policy.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph, I must admit the "copper" looking prongs were my concern. As I have never studied these early spange's I wondered if that was a traditional early method, but sounds as though it is not as a man as experienced as your self is un-easy with it. I like it's correlation and wear to the ribbon, but it is just those prongs that bother me. Leon.

Jim was kind enough to post 5 different examples of 1st model spange by Boerger in the data base, none of which have round pins.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/datab...-model-571759/
    I would suggest you wait until he sees this thread or, contact him via PM.
    Ralph.

P.S. I will look elsewhere as well.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Leon,
    Good news, I have no concerns about this example!
    Not sure why Jim did not add this one to the data base as it was his example posted somewhere else that I found.
    Ralph.

Well once again Ralph, thank you for your efforts in "pinning" this one down!
    As I mentioned the prongs did "niggle" me, but I could not see any messing to the ribbon area. I am glad that you are happy with it as I have now bought it!! I took a chance on the prongs being original and worst case scenario replaced. Once I have it in hand, if you want to add images to the data base I will take some close ups for you. Leon.

?

I must have been sleeping when I posted the pictures. This spange is one of the hardest to find not only because of the round pins but the front is textured when compared to other Boerger spanges. I have no proof but I always thought that each person who assembled the spanges had his own preference for the setup and that is why there are five different styles. Jim

Ralph can you add this one to the database.

Thanks Jim for your valued input, most appreciated. Once I have this one in hand I will take some good images and please feel free to add them to the data base. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thanks Jim for your valued input, most appreciated. Once I have this one in hand I will take some good images and please feel free to add them to the data base. Leon.
    I have already added mine to the database. Jim

It's arrived! A lovely example in my eye's, here are a few "close ups". Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)   Wiederholungsspange zum EKII Klasse (first pattern)