Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

( Houffalize ) Panther In The Snow......

Article about: Took a holiday in the Ardennes last week,staying in an apartment literally two minutes' walk from the Houffalize Panther. Despite having visited the battlefield many times over the years , I

Arrow ( Houffalize ) Panther In The Snow......

Took a holiday in the Ardennes last week,staying in an apartment literally two minutes' walk from the Houffalize Panther. Despite having visited the battlefield many times over the years , I've never seen anything to match those 'Panzers In The Snow' Bulge legends. Late on a chilly Monday afternoon I walked over to the tank to take yet more photos. A little light sleet was falling, then some hailstones and then - genuine snow ! I was about to take cover from this mini-blizzard but grabbed the pic.....no photo-shoppery, it's the real thing. It stopped in about two minutes ( you can see a little settled on the pavement in the second pic ).

Crazy stuff -but at last I've seen a real Panzer In The Snow ( on my 'summer' holiday..... )

I've always liked the pictures of tanks in winter time, especially in the snow. Nice to see this Panther looking rather splendid.