Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Little museum in Malaga city

Article about: In the centre of Malaga , Spain is a small museum dedicated to the Spanish army history. It is a privat collection which is now made public. Nice to visit, but for the ones that is to far aw

Default Little museum in Malaga city

In the centre of Malaga , Spain is a small museum dedicated to the Spanish army history. It is a privat collection which is now made public.

Nice to visit, but for the ones that is to far away... Luckely we still have the pictures :-)

These ones are especially remarkable. There were Spanish citizens fighting for and with the germans in the east front. These 3 are from the same man . These have not only the known German signs but also has Spanish signs on the uniform.

in the neigbourhood ? :
    Museo de Historia Militar

Pl. de San Francisco, 1, 29008 Málaga

?

Thank you for posting these wonderful images. My wife just came back from a visit to Malaga. she clearly did not visit this museum.

You have provided a wealth of images for my archives since I collect Spanish Militaria.

This image in particular is special demonstrating the use of the skulls on the collar of the Lusitania cavalry regiment

Skull insignia for Spanish Lusitania cavalry regiment
    Regards, Al

A good excuses to sent her back ;-)

when i am in Malaga i will go back and make better detailed pictures for you

This is one that i found a strange but also shocking one....

It looks like a pyjama but also like the concentrationcamp clothes....

Nothing of that all. It appears that this was made specialy for the fight in North Africa. But arriving there they found out that the "battlefield"was not in a desert but in a nice green area..... so the enemy was very happy to see the spanish soldiers from a far distance :-)

?

Yes I have seen these types of uniforms for Tropical environment like Africa, Philippines. Here is an image of a similar uniform worn by the Lusitania Cavalry regt.

The shoes are particularly unique, like cloth espadrilles. These shoes were worn by many members of the Republican side due to shortages of uniform parts

Regards, Al

The "fun" part was that they discovered there that not everywhere was desert 😜 so they had to make new outfits

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast