Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Article about: Together with the 'Guardian' we leave the 19th century and we move into 20th century and the horrors of WWI:

Default Re: Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Nick,

Thank you for this great thread, absolutely beyond belief all this gear in one place and so well displayed

Just trying to get a plane ticket now

Cheers,

Grant

Default Re: Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Quote by Australian Guy View Post

Just trying to get a plane ticket now

Cheers,

Grant
    How long are you staying??
    There is a lot to see!
    BREENDONK - MEMORIAL

Quote by stuka f View Post
    How long are you staying??
    There is a lot to see!
    BREENDONK - MEMORIAL
    Fantastic Stuka, thanks for this link. You have a lot historic places to see, it could take a lifetime to see everything, I had no idea you had a camp there. I had a relative put to death in Mauthausen in 1942, dunno what for though, security detention?

Cheers,

Grant

Hey Grant,
    sorry to hear about your relative!
    There is a lot to see indeed
    I had a Swiss guy, I met on an other forum, who came over with is family on a tour.
    But he got fed up quiet rapidly, after 3 museum visits, we ended up in the restaurants and the pubs for nearly a week!

Here is an other place worth a visit, and not just for thise historical aspect.
    Over ons

BROADSWORD
    ?

Awsome!!!!!!

visser
    ?

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Belgian uniforms from the 19th century:
    Nick, I found this site searching for information regarding Belgium Military uniforms from the early 1900s, or thereabouts.

I think I have a match... I found a picture of my Great Grandfather titled Maurice Michiels 1914-1918, and no doubt he would have served in the North of Belgium around Turnhout/Antwerp.

Does this uniform fit in that time period?

Quote by visser View Post
    Nick, I found this site searching for information regarding Belgium Military uniforms from the early 1900s, or thereabouts.

I think I have a match... I found a picture of my Great Grandfather titled Maurice Michiels 1914-1918, and no doubt he would have served in the North of Belgium around Turnhout/Antwerp.

Does this uniform fit in that time period?

That is a match!!
    It seems to me to be a private in the Gidsen regiment wearing his dress uniform.
    A regiment with a great history!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Haelen_(1914)
    Those pictures are real collectibles.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Wow. Great tour in a great museum. Thank's for posting.

Think i'll have to take a trip to Belgium

?

Default The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History at Brussels, Capital City of Belgium

When I used to visit that beautiful museum I was short in film and short in time too ... they've locked the entrance cause I've been the last visitor. My main point of interest have been the little tank collection in the gravel yard of the museum

Just have a look on the pics that I've taken
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium   Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium  

Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium  

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast