Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Then and Now

Article about: Name: 67OK19B.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 95.9 KB  ID: 814094 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG />

Yes, I agree...this was the first time I have seen these. Was in a sort of "trance" for 10 minutes looking at them. Fantastic work you do !!

Thank You

I agree 100% with Phil.
    As a wannabe photographer and user of Photoshop, I can really
    appreciate the time and effort involved with this. Well done and Thank you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Absolutely amazing pictures, thank you for sharing them with us....Wow !
    Regards
    Paul

Hi Carlos, As you may have gathered, I am a fan of yours and your excellent thread. Have you ever considered turning this thread and its contents into a pictorial/photographic book? In my humble opinion, not only do your photographs span anything up to a century, your updating and superimposing bring the original photos bang up to date. Ergo, you have turned a pair photos, old and current into an almost historical document encompassing buildings, people and places spanning decades that otherwise have little or no meaning in today's world. With WWI no longer in living memory and WWII quickly following suit, your photos will, I believe, be of great historic interest to both the general reader, local museums and historians and military history buffs etc. I would even go so far as to suggest that they would be of major interest and value to documentary and film makers seeking accuracy of sets and locations etc?? My only words of advice would be to add dates, locations and comments to each set or pair of photos in order to give them contextual relevance.

Thank you for one of the most interesting, imaginative and excellent threads on this Forum.

Cheers Michael Ryan

Like phantoms from the past these ghostly figures seep into the present. Fantastic images Carlos. Publish a book of them.

Carlos, you have brought "yesteryear" back to life.

Great sadness in many ways, you are bringing times back to the memory, that are previously lost in time.

We owe those people so much, who went with so much hardship, pain and death.

I for one, congratulate you, for we must never forget them.

For their sacrifices, we are here to this day.

We need reminding.
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 11-14-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Wow! Your pictures are amazing, thanks Carlos for all the work you must be putting into them!
    I agree with those above that they would make an excellent book!

Hi Devil's Bank, "We Owe those people so much" and we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your sentiments exemplify my own opinions and thoughts on the subject regarding allied soldiers, sailors and airmen who sacrificed "Their tomorrows for our todays". However, I would extend the debt of gratitude to every civilian who entered into the fray to include the fire services, police, merchant navy etc and above all to the females who kept Britain British by their endeavours in the fields, on the railways, canals, ordnance factories, the military and in a multitude of long forgotten areas where no medals were awarded nor proud words of thanks were spoken. Men fought the war but women did much to help win it! And finally, may I say that many good Axis people also served their countries and paid horrendous prices for the futility of their leaders. Perhaps they should also be remembered??

Thank you for an excellent post.

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael Ryan

Thanks my friend, it's the least we can do, is to remember them.

?

Then and Now

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast