Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wartime Prague

Article about: Just got back from a conference in Prague but had a free day to tour the WW2 sights ! Here are some pics I took from the Army Museum, St Cyrils church and vault, Gestapo and Waffen SS HQ bui

I prefer the summer because the night come late! This year in july, ans I can avoid tourists.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    I prefer the summer because the night come late! This year in july, ans I can avoid tourists.
    Yes good point, I prefer long nights, this summer it will be !

Cheers

Prague in 1993.
    One woman told me : in 1993, all was dirty(houses) but we have work, now all is clean but it's hard to find work.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Nick
    Was this an official tour you took part in ? I would like to visit for a weekend in the summer or perhaps later on

Cheers
    I made my own way to St Cyril's and the vault, the WW2 museum and also to Gestapo HQ.

I booked a 2 hour WW2 guided tour of the city centre which was fabulous! They took us underneath the main square into the vaults where the resistance hid etc

One of the most beautiful cities in the world imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post

Nick
    Without doubt. Praha is a gem...

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I made my own way to St Cyril's and the vault, the WW2 museum and also to Gestapo HQ.

I booked a 2 hour WW2 guided tour of the city centre which was fabulous! They took us underneath the main square into the vaults where the resistance hid etc

Nick
    I will be there in the summer, its a must visit for this year !

Cheers

For me also and since 1993 I see the evolution of the town, last year I saw the renovation of the last old house, down the castle. There was grass on the roof, now it's beautiful.

Wartime PragueWartime PragueWartime Prague
    Quote by CARL View Post
    Without doubt. Praha is a gem...
    My HQ in Praha where I had the pleasure to meet Carl. Plus the Hus monument, is it not? A Hussite am I not.

I did not make all the sites, but had only a brief weekend.

I had earlier seen the Heydrich exhibit while it was in Bratislava/Pressburg to remind my Slovaks of their CSR heritage and so forth.

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    For me also and since 1993 I see the evolution of the town, last year I saw the renovation of the last old house, down the castle. There was grass on the roof, now it's beautiful.
    I know well of your love of Praha...and understand it absolutely...

For those interested, the name of the city itself, Praha, means threshold. At the very heart of Europe, the city was established in a central position from where travel to other major cities is not so difficult (Berlin, Wien etc are just a few hours away). For travellers coming this way, especially those aiming to spend more than a day or two, this is a fact worth noting. A few hours on the train and other fine sites are within reach. But don't short change Prague, for there is plenty here...

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Wartime PragueWartime PragueWartime Prague

My HQ in Praha where I had the pleasure to meet Carl. Plus the Hus monument, is it not? A Hussite am I not.

I did not make all the sites, but had only a brief weekend.

I had earlier seen the Heydrich exhibit while it was in Bratislava/Pressburg to remind my Slovaks of their CSR heritage and so forth.
    It was an absolute pleasure and I look forward to doing it again in the hopefully not too distant future.

The new exhibition in the Army Museum is well worth a look too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast