Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German unitt Memorial

Article about: On my last trip to Germany while visiting my wifes home town of Wetzlar known for the Leitz company makers of optical equipment, I ran across a War memorial dedicated to a WWII German unit s

?

Default WWII German unitt Memorial

On my last trip to Germany while visiting my wifes home town of Wetzlar known for the Leitz company makers of optical equipment, I ran across a War memorial dedicated to a WWII German unit stationed in Wetzlar. The Memorial reflected the units name and # also the various areas of battle that they were involved in. I was surprised that this memorial was still around and had not been removed as most dedications to the III Reich in Germany were removed after the war- I did find sacks with trash in them on the top of the memorial but I removed them - today in Germany there is little or no respect for anything related to this period-
    Horst
    WWII German unitt Memorial
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

good on yer Horst.

?

Horst "today in Germany there is little or no respect for anything related to this period"

Sadly, this goes far beyond the borders of Germany. But credit to you, Horst, for doing something about it...far too many just complain yet do absolutely nothing, shake their heads or simply ignore it.

Well done and thank you for sharing the image.

Regards,

Carl