Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress

Article about: Hello everyone. I would appreciate some help with this service tunic. I think, The tunic has, the airborne patch, the jumpwing and the overseas bar, original sewn. Because the stitching does

?

Default 101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress

Hello everyone.
    I would appreciate some help with this service tunic.
    I think,
    The tunic has, the airborne patch, the jumpwing and the overseas bar, original sewn.
    Because the stitching does not go through the lining (the airborne patch and the overseas bar have a couple of extra stitches, beyond the lining they were probably detached a little and have been repaired).

The rank chevrons and service stripe were applied later, as the stitching passes through the lining.

But my question is, is there any particular reason why the service stripe is applied above the overseas bar and not below?
    A mistake, or does it have a meaning that I don't know?
    I thank you in advance.
    Greetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress   101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress  

101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress   101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress  

101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress   101st Airborne DIvision Service Dress