Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

101st Airborne Patch and tab

Article about: This one is not mine, but is it WWII period? I cannot run a black light on it as it is not my possession. Are there any tell-tail signs that make this good, fake, or post WWII? Thanks in adv

Default 101st Airborne Patch and tab

This one is not mine, but is it WWII period? I cannot run a black light on it as it is not my possession. Are there any tell-tail signs that make this good, fake, or post WWII?
    Thanks in advance,
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st Airborne Patch and tab   101st Airborne Patch and tab  

101st Airborne Patch and tab   101st Airborne Patch and tab  

Default Re: 101st Airborne Patch and tab

im no expert, but i thought the tab and eagle were produced separately?

looks good, very minty though. They split the patches these days but i'm sure they came together during wwii.

?

Nice WWII white back, amoeba eye, 101st shoulder patch. There are a number of slightly different WWII designs, some produced in England during the war usually on black felt. These have been thoroughly studied and are desiginated by numbered patterns. I do not remember most. I have a 101st jump jacket but am no expert on airborne. They are getting expensive.
    Steve

Thank you gentlemen!

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Yes this is a type #3 eagle with an attached tab, the type #4 is very similar but the tab is not attached.. a good WWII patch.. Paul